Workers were sent home from the Ethan Allen furniture plant in Orleans yesterday because of a fire. The fire chief says the fire in a chip silo was sparked by a malfunctioning boiler. Embers from the silo started a couple of other small fires. They were all knocked down. No one was injured. The mill says operations will resume this morning at their regular times.
- Northern Express Care, a collaboration between Northern Counties Health Care and North Country Hospital, held its grand opening in Newport on Friday
- Police say a man from Morrisville crashed a vehicle that had been reported stolen into a house in Lowell on Friday