Classes were cancelled at the Coventry Village School on Wednesday after several students were sent to the hospital for carbon monoxide exposure. Several students and one adult at the Coventry Village School were showing symptoms of exposure, including nausea, fatigue and headache. Emergency crews arrived quickly to the kindergarten-through-eighth grade school and some students were sent to the hospital for further evaluation. Several students tested positive for slightly higher levels of carbon monoxide even though initially there were no detectable levels in the building. The students were treated and released. The affected students and adult had been in a classroom closest to an outside construction site on the school property. While heavy machinery was running outside, air conditioning was running inside the building, pulling outside air in. The school decided to cancel classes on Wednesday out of an abundance of caution to test levels and come up with a mitigation plan. The Newport Fire Department was at the school on Wednesday morning and found no detectable levels of carbon monoxide.
- Search crews located the body of Judith Giglio in the woods
- Colebrook woman will refinance her house to pay the $313,000 in restitution