A propane gas leak ignited a significant fire at Sugar Ridge RV Village & Campground on Monday. The incident occurred when a camper’s Chevrolet truck struck a fill pipe connected to a 500-gallon propane tank, causing the gas to vent and subsequently ignite. Firefighters from multiple departments responded, directing water hoses at the truck and a nearby bathhouse. Despite the towering flames, there were no reported injuries, although the truck sustained substantial damage. Campers were evacuated while firefighters controlled the flames, allowing the propane to burn out. The campsite, celebrating its 25th year and nearly full with 150 occupied sites, saw a convoy of fire engines and tankers from neighboring towns arriving to control the situation.
- The Museum of Everyday Life in Glover is a trove of ordinary objects
- The Planning and Economic Development Administrator position in Lyndon has been vacant for seven weeks